Do you have a diploma in ECE- Electronics and Communications? And do you wonder can ECE students can apply for ONGC?
This blog post lets us learn everything about ONGC and ECE and their compatibility.
What is ECE?
Electronics and communication engineering is a field that develops components, devices, systems, or apparatus that employ electricity as a driving force based on scientific knowledge of the behaviour and effects of electrons.
Signal processing, semiconductor chip design, communications, data communications systems, satellites, radar link setup, embedded software, robotics, and many more subfields are all covered under this engineering umbrella.
Electronics and communication engineering applications are many, with plenty of room for growth in each subject. It is a diverse field that provides opportunities in basic electronics and communication.
Aside from the various work opportunities in the core discipline, the IT industry also welcomes an ECE engineer with open arms. Advanced countries worldwide have progressed to the point where an electronics expert is required on every front. The potential for advancement in this extremely complex and advanced engineering sector is enormous.
ONGC- What is ONGC?
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is a Government of India-owned Public Sector Undertaking (PSU). It has attained Maharatna rank. Its headquarters are in Dehradun, India, founded in 1956. The company's principal duty is to participate in oil and gas exploration and production in India and abroad.
ONGC is India's biggest crude oil and natural gas firm, accounting for over 75% of domestic output. ONGC is the world's largest natural gas business, ranking 11th among major energy companies worldwide (Source: Platts). It is the only public Indian firm on Fortune's list of "Most Admired Energy Companies." In Forbes Global 2000, ONGC is ranked 18th in 'Oil and Gas operations' and 183rd overall. It accepts applications for Graduate Trainees in Engineering and Geosciences at the E-1 level until GATE 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for ONGC Recruitment via GATE 2022
Candidates wanting to apply for various positions at ONGC must first ensure that they meet the following qualifying requirements for ONGC Recruiting 2022:
- Applicants must be citizens of India.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 60% aggregate in undergraduate engineering programs.
- Candidates who have completed professional examinations such as AMIE (Electrical), AMIE (Mechanical), and AMIE (Civil) are not eligible to apply for ONGC's GATE 2022 recruitment.
- The test is also open to candidates in their last year of BTech or BE. If such people are shortlisted, their employment will be conditional until they provide all necessary paperwork by July 2022.
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree earned through remote learning or part-time study are eligible to participate in the recruitment process if their degree is well-recognized by the applicable statutory organisations for employment in Central Government offices and services.
General Information about GATE Exam:
- The written test has a total time limit of 180 minutes. The paper has a 1/3rd negative marking. However, there are no bad marks in the section on numerical ability.
- The aptitude component includes questions on maths, general awareness, and reasoning. Data interpretation and logical thinking problems make up this area. Questions are also based on puzzles, graphs, charts, tables, and other themes.
- Questions from key areas such as mechanical, electrical, and electronics make up the technical part. The component is difficult, and excellent topic knowledge is essential to pass the exam.
- The paper's overall difficulty is moderate. Only those who pass the written test will be eligible for the next stage.
Before you register, make sure to keep this checklist:
- An active email address
- A legitimate mobile phone number
- Certificate of Education (ITI/Diploma/Degree)
- Mark Sheet for SSLC/SSC/Metric)
- Marksheet for HSC
- Community Certificate No. 6 (If Applicable)
- PAN (Personal Identification Number) (if Available)
- Aadhar Card Number
- Government Identification Number
How to Register:
- In the header, click the "Registration" link.
- As the user ID, enter your active/valid email address.
- Type your password (8 characters)
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- Fill up your Pincode
- Give your name (as First, Middle Last)
- Date of Birth (Identical to that on the 10th/SSC Certificate) Note that each work centre will only hire apprentices from their operating regions for training, according to the commercial. Therefore, you are not qualified to apply for that work facility if your state and District are not listed.
- Choose your preferred work centre.
- Choose the state in which you reside.
- Choose the District in which you reside.
- Choose the trade for which you are applying (Check Information Brochure)
Selection Procedure for ONGC Recruitment 2022
Candidates for Graduate will be shortlisted based on their GATE 2022 scores, followed by a round of individual interviews.
- Shortlisted candidates must provide all original papers to the personal interview stage.
- Candidates who work in the public sector or for the government must produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer.
- After passing the personal interview process, applicants must fulfill the requisite medical standards set out by ONGC.
The final decision will be made using a merit list compiled from the criteria listed below.
GATE-2022 Score- 60 marks
Qualification- 25 marks
Personal Interview- 15 marks
Total- 100 Marks
Can ECE students apply for ONGC?
IOCL and ONGC hire people depending on their GATE scores. Therefore, you will be summoned for an interview if your GATE score is good, and if you pass the Interview, you will be picked for ONGC and IOCL.
Yes, ECE graduates can apply to IOCL or ONGC via GATE.
There are no percentage-based qualifying requirements for GATE. So, we recommend taking the GATE exam right now and earning an excellent score.
What is the work of an ECE student selected in ONGC?
Your main responsibilities will be to maintain communication systems such as RTU and SCADA between well-unmanned platforms and process platforms and telecommunications (Microwave BackBone, C-band, Aero-VHF, Ku-band, and HF links) systems on process platforms and between process platforms and base.
Apart from these external units, efficient networking of data and telephone lines on the platform at both living quarters and process platform and Paging, CCTV, and General Alarm System maintenance are all under your purview.
Aside from that, if human resources are few, you will be asked to work part-time as an Instrumentation Engineer.
ECE is the future!
- The telecom industry is the fastest expanding globally, and telecom engineers are in short supply.
- ECE students have more interdisciplinary specialties in higher education than students in other areas, such as Wireless Communication, Embedded Systems, VLSI, and Signal Processing. As a result, ECE students have more options.
- Job and placement are also advantages. For example, students in ECE typically find work in companies/organisations that operate in software (IT industries), communications (Telecom industries), hardware (Electronics industries), and electrical; this is the most significant advantage that students in other streams do not have.
- Electronics and communication engineering occupations account for more than half of all engineering positions!
- If you want to work in IT, you won't need to learn programming languages. With the training given by these businesses, an ECE engineer may perform marvels with basic programming skills and reasoning.