ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL (EDC) in Arya Group of Colleges established to develop institutional mechanism to create an entrepreneurial culture with academics so to foster techno-entrepreneurship for the generation of wealth and employment by aspirant young entrepreneurs. The EDC cell is established in Arya College having requisite expertise and infrastructure. The mission of the EDC is to “develop an institutional mechanism to create an entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster the growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students”.
The motive behind the development of EDC is to take the initiative that aims at fostering the spirit of entrepreneurship in the college. The aim of the organization is to help the youth break free from the shackles of mediocrity, move out of the acres of job security and step out of line and away from what has today became a rat – race. We tend to awaken the youth towards considering entrepreneurship as a serious career option.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL (EDC) of Arya College was established on its own initiative in the year 2014 with the Principal Dr.Bansal as its Director Dr.Surendra Sharma and TPO and has been actively conducting programs in entrepreneurship with concerted initiatives to promote entrepreneurship among the students.
The main objectives of EDC are:
To organize and facilitate Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the institution, for the same Arya have tied up with NEN-Bangalore.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development and to make students part of Bhamashah techno hub started by Govt of Rajasthan for young entrepreneurs.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions every year through ppt.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, angel funding for obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs by calling guest from Industry.
- To facilitate the creation of entrepreneur’s club in Arya college to foster a culture of entrepreneurship amongst students.
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc by creating and maintaining the relevant database.
Functions of EDC at Arya
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies.
- To organize guest lectures, TV & Radio talks, Seminars, etc. for promotion and growth of S& T based and execution of their projects. entrepreneurship.
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes through NEN and MSME in the region for the benefit of participating students and entrepreneurs at Arya College-Jaipur To develop and introduce curriculum on Entrepreneurship Development at various levels including degree/diploma courses of the parent institution and other institutes in the region.